Thursday, August 11, 2011

Ok ok ok.. OK

I admit I've been a little lax posting here. Ok, I've been A LOT lax but my only excuse is damn, it's hot. With temps soaring in my area into the 110's and above it just sucks the creativity out of me. Of course, the content writing is going well, not like it needs creativity. Pfft..

Anyway, updates on things in Texoma. We took the biggest and most important load of stuff to Electra last night and got more or less settled in. Definitely need to go shopping for new air conditioners when the weather cools and they go on sale. Even if cost wasn't an issue, right now there are none to be found.. anywhere...around here. We have a tiny one in the bedroom that cooled it pretty well eventually but man, I was glad to see Daniel come to bed dragging the fan with him. I hated to get up this morning, not because I was over tired but because that was the only cool room in the house. O.o

We picked up the dogs last night too and now have Gabby, the black pug and Brownie the.. err.. I'm not sure what Brownie is. He's "supposed" to be chihuahua and pomeranian but he looks like a mini german shepherd. I told Daniel last night I was going to start calling him Rin Tin Tin. The only reason I doubt this lineage is because he is one of the sweetest little guys and we all know chihuahuas and poms neither one are known for their people skills. Oh well, he still loved us after a bath and they both seem content. It's fun to have little feet in the house again and while no dog will ever replace Cookie, at least I have one to cuddle up with now. I don't even mind the dog hair.

Still have lots to do at the house. I was sitting there last night contemplating the painting and some repair work. My poor man will be good and sick of it all before it's over with but if we do it one thing at a time it won't be so bad. The house is uber cute and I love it. I can't wait to start fixing it up and doing stuff to make it really pretty inside.

First things first though.. Ac's before anything else or I'm just going to sweat, soap up and then sweat it off as a rinse cycle. Yeah I know... gross. Deal with it. Trust me, the alternative is much worse.

Now the fun of unpacking everything has started. The common discussion in the house right now is "Do you know where  (insert item in question). is?" to which the answer is always "uhmm.. in a box somewhere." Makes for great conversations, let me tell you. Though it does break the monotony of sweating and sticking to everything and everyone.

On the upside, today we have had a cold front. It was only 102 outside and with a breeze it felt like the high 80's. It will still hot, but a much needed break. Supposed to have 30% chance of rain tomorrow and OMG if it rains I swear I'm going to waller around in it in the front yard. That should sufficiently traumatize the neighbors, not to mention the cats, dogs, small children, mice and little old ladies 3 counties over. Hmm.. I wonder if it would make the news....

Otherwise it's life as normal. I like Electra to be honest though there is -nothing- out there. It's very quiet even at night and I slept like a baby once I stopped sticking to the mattress last night. Tonight is arranging the bedroom (with the bed RIGHT in front of the AC of course) and unpacking some clothes, getting the bed together etc and trying to figure out something cool for supper. Then flopping on the couch with Daniel and Megan to watch some Voyager and relax until it's cool enough to go to sleep.

Blah.. too hot to blog. More later I promise. Still have a rocking review for my girl Valerie to do and a couple of other projects in the works. Watch this space. If I don't melt and pour down the drain somewhere I'll have another post on here soon and I promise it to be more interesting than this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment